October 4, 2011 § 3 Comments
I’ve always loved myself a great cat eye. It’s chic and makes my small-ish eyes look bigger as well as giving them some definition. So when I saw this spread of Elizabeth Olsen in Nylon, I was inspired to re-create her take on it.
I love that grey shadow was used in her crease (I usually just use a basic brown). The grey and creamy colors paired with black are reminiscent of the 60’s, which is my favorite makeup decade. My favorite part of this look is the brows, a la Audrey Hepburn. I’ve recently become obsessed with perfectly full brows. Mine are alright, but a little sparse, so I found a great Benefit “Brow Zing” kit. This was after using one of the first eye shadows I ever bought (from Club Monaco- ya, it was that old) to fill in my brows, but alas, it had been beaten up and smashed from overuse. But anyway, onto the makeup!
1. Start off by evening out skin tone and covering up any spots
2. Apply an eyelid primer if needed. Shade a neutral grey color in socket and wing slightly out. Bring shadow softly under bottom lashline if desired.
3. Draw a medium width line across top lashline and wing out
4. Line waterline with a nude pencil (white is too garish and harsh)-> I didn’t take a picture of this because it’s slightly gruesome
5. Apply mascara on top and bottom lashes (and false lashes for an amazing look!)
6. Brush brows down and softly extend brow shape up and out. Brush through for a natural look.
7. Conceal under eyes and wherever needed.
8. Apply a neutral blush in hollows of cheeks.
9. Highlight brow and cheekbones.
10. Pat on a muted pink lip color. I already have quite pink lips so I just used a little bit of concealer to tone them down followed by Chapstick. Don’t use anything with too much shine as not to take away from the eyes.
Voila!! Hope you enjoyed!!
– Cle de Peau concealer in Beige
– Jane Iredale Pure Pressed powder base in Riviera
– MAC shadow in Bough Grey
– L’Oreal liquid line in black
– Benefit Bad Gal mascara
– Ardell false lashes
– Benefit nude concealer pencil
– Benefit Brow Zing palette in light
– MAC blush/contour in Harmony
– Benefit moonbeam highlight
images courtesy of olsensannoymous.blogspot.com