to pack or not to pack
September 16, 2011 § 1 Comment
So this weekend I am off to seattle and I thought I would touch on what packing for a weekend trip would entail. I read a quote once by Diane Von Furstenburg that said something along the lines of once you know what to pack you really know yourself (how amazing is DVF?!). I absolutely believe that and am constantly trying to pack less and read exactly what I will need. Which is, of course, impossible because of “you never know”- as in “you never know, I may actually need this evening gown!” Well, I would hope that if I got swept off my feet and invited to a ball, Price Charming would buy me a dress.
But anyways, let’s start with makeup. I try to get back to basics and also take one item that will elevate an outfit if need be. In this case it’s a bright lipstick.
- YSL mascara– unfortunately this tester brush is a lot better than the brush on the actual mascara. Good thing I’m traveling and need a small one!
- Jane Iredale Pure Pressed mineral foundation– the best, lightest and least irritating base I’ve ever used.
- Laura Mercier blush is Lush Nectarine– my absolute favorite blush. The peachy pink colour is perfect for anyone with warm undertones.
- MAC lipstick in Full Speed– an amazing bright lipstick to punch up any look
- Cle de Peu concealer– hands down the best concealer I’ve ever used. Never been able to find one that can even compare.
- Benefit Moonbeam– great highlighter that doesn’t look sparkly. Makes me look glowy.
- Shu Uemura lash curlers– a must for looking awake.
- All wrapped up in a cute little Kate Spade case
- Nordstrom cashmere scarf
- Line leather jacket
- Costa Blanca red t-shirt
- H&M white touque (yes, spelt the Canadian way!)
- Ray-Ban aviator sunglasses
- Forever 21 dress
- Seven skinny jeans
- H&M leather bag
- H&M booties
- H&M white lace blouse